Sunday, December 30, 2012

Blog December Post 30/Blog12daysxmas post 6 - Rise of the Guardians

Ok this is a day late and I don't even remember what yesterday's Destiny Card was.  You will get two posts today - one this morning and one this evening - lucky you!

On the 6th day of Christmas.... I took my daughter and a friend and her daughter to the Nambucca Cinema to see Rise of the Guardians.

This is the second time my daughter has been to the cinema.  The movie was very good, however I can't help but think that more and more the kids movies are providing more entertainment for the adults rather than the kids.

My friend and I had moments of laughing out loud where no one else in the cinema was laughing.  It could be down to our sense of humour but I think some of the humour was lost on the kids.  I think some of it was due to the fast pace of the movie, not that the kids didn't get it.

Anyway, the idea behind the movie was a great one.  Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and Sandman (the guy who gives us dreams) are under attack by Pitch Black (the boogey man).  The Moon has appointed Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Sandman as Guardians to protect the children's beliefs and imagination.

Jack Frost has been wondering what his role is in life since being appointed Jack Frost by the moon.  He doesn't know what his life was before becoming Jack Frost.  So when he is also appointed a Guardian, he is not sure of his role as the children don't believe in him because they can't see him and they don't know what he does.

I won't spoil the story, other than to say it was lots of fun and I recommend anyone with young children to take them along to see it.

Once home, I went for my walk and purchased some bubbly with plans to listen to some tunes (which some of you may have noticed I posted lyrics and youtube clips on Facebook).

So this is why there was no blog post yesterday, because I was under the influence and couldn't really manage to link thoughts into a blog post - it happens to the best of us and I know that I should've held off till tonight when most others will be having a glass of bubbly but very rarely do I see the New Year in anyway and I hope to be down the beach on New Year's day not nursing a hang over.

No comments:

Post a Comment