Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Blog December Post 25/Blog 12DaysofChristmas Post 1 - Initiative

Today's Destiny Card is Initiative.

Initiative:
  • The ability to assess and initiate things independently.
  • The power or opportunity to act or take charge before others do.
  •  
    On the first of December I decided to take the initiative to challenge myself by blogging everyday of December.  I have noted some twitter friends of mine have taken the initiative to blog the 12 Days of Christmas - @jobeaz and @KRidwyn and I'm sure there are others on my twitter list that will join in - just look for #blog12daysxmas
     
    I took part in #blog12daysxmas last year and found it an excellent initiative to force me to reflect on things - well at least for 12 days and that is what lead into #blogDecember for me this year - I wanted to see if I could go for more than 12 days.  So I am going to take the initiative and make my #blogDecember posts merge with #blog12daysxmas posts.
     
    So on the first day of Christmas.... We took our guest, a very long time friend of my husbands, for a drive to Sawtell and Boambee (just South of Coffs Harbour and North of us at Urunga).  There are two great lookouts in these towns (suburbs of Coffs) that overlook the ocean and Sawtell has an ocean tidal pool.
     
     
    (Photo above is the tidal pool at Sawtell)
     
    From there we drove to the Coffs Harbour Jetty precient and went to the lookout there - it looks over the Jetty and Muttonbird Island.
     
    (Photo above is looking over Coffs Harbour Jetty and Muttonbird Island)

    We then went home and had a rather plain Christmas day lunch of toasted sandwiches and quickly drove 5 minutes up the road to Hungry Head beach for an afternoon swim.  We spent two hours splashing in the waves and it was a great way to finish Christmas day.

    What I have found by having my husband's friend visit us, is that I'm getting to look at my backyard through fresh eyes and re-evaluating why we love living here.

    As I sit here and hear the thunder roll off the mountains (and pray we will get some rain), I think how lucky I am to be living in this beautiful place.  Unfortunately we all have times where we get caught up in the stresses of work and economic pressure and forget to look around us and see what we have.

    I have a beautiful family (who are all in good health) and we live in a beautiful place - what more could I ask for??!!  Merry Christmas everyone!!

    (Photo above - me and my beautiful family)
    
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment