Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Blog December Post 12 and a half - Sometimes we cry

I had to share this short post as I'm sure a lot of you have been in this situation before.

Today an elderly gentleman came into the library to purchase honey - we sell pots of local honey in our library.

He was looking a bit more fragile than usual and no smile.

I told him we we were out of honey. He then handed me his wife's library card - I had been wondering where she was as she is usualy with him - and informed me that she had passed away last week.

I imediately came around the desk and gave him a hug and expressed my sympathy through tears.  His wife was such a warm soul and I always enjoyed her visits.

He griped my hand and let me know when the memorial is being held for her.

You see it is not only the books and our library we have a relationship with but our readers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment