Monday, December 10, 2012

Blog December Post 11 - Back to work

I'm heading back to work today after an extended weekend - I  had Thursday and Friday off last week, and yesterday off this week as my parents were down from Qld.

Due to the connected nature of the world today, I incidently read work emails while on leave.  This has enlightened me to the fact that this week may turn into a particularly stressful week.

There is some library politics going on, I have a staff member on sick leave and there may be issues around their return to work, and I may have to do some IT stuff that I really don't have time to do.

I've seen a few comments on Twitter about how the days leading up to Christmas always end up stressing people out - well it looks like it will be true in my case.

That said the positives about the coming weeks are:
  • I only have 9 working days left until I'm on leave for 2 and half weeks
  • The work Secret Santa party is on this week
  • The work Christmas party is on next week
  • I will have a Monday to catch up on everything
  • I will have half hour with the teachers from a local school to share information about their local library and how it can assist them with teaching and leisure
  • I will have a last day of work before Christmas - which is always a lot of fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment