Saturday, December 29, 2012

Blog December Post 29/Blog12daysxmas post 5 - Thank you kindly

Today's Destiny Card is Strength.

On the fourth day of Christmas..... we watched 3 episodes of Due South.

My love for Due South started in my teens - I think I was about 16 when it first appeared on Australian TV stations.  My raging hormones instantly found attraction with the handsome Canadian Mountie, Benton Fraser (Paul Gross).  I even have an autographed photograph of him in full Mountie uniform.

The show itself, mixes humour, drama and suspense all in one.  The chemistry of the characters is something rarely found these days.  And the music soundtrack allowed me to find one of my favourite artists, Sarah McLachlan.

I recorded every episode I could on video tape but then lost most of them when I moved out of home.  However, luck was on my side when they started repeating the episodes and then continuing the series when I was in my early 20's and living in Emerald, Central Qld.  So I once again began recording all the episodes.

It was a bit of a shock in season 3 when old Ray left and new Ray started.  But it also resulted in my Mountie crush lessening a little and allowing a Kowalski crush to develop.

I had missed a few episodes so joined the Australian fan club and met up with fellow fans who could fill in the gaps of my collection and share my love of this wonderful show.

I could continue raving about this show but will probably bore you all to tears.  But now as an adult I have slowly purchased all 3 seasons on DVD, plus the special release episodes.  I also have both soundtracks for Seasons 1 and 2, and Season 3.

My husband now shares my love of this TV show, just as he got me to love Stargate (we have every season of Stargate as well - it must be a Canadian thing).

It is funny because both of these shows have inside jokes that only die hard fans get.  I'm sure you are all die hard fans of TV shows or movies and have moments when you are watching with friends and you laugh but no one else get's it - well these TV shows have these moments for both my husband and I.

I also like that Stargate has some MacGyver isms and when Peter DeLuise took over writing and directing the show, it also had some 21 Jump Street isms too.

What TV shows/movies are you a die hard fan of?  Or that make you laugh when no one else gets it?

No comments:

Post a Comment