Saturday, December 1, 2012

Blog December Day 2 - eBook Dilema

In library land we hear about ebooks and the library dilema almost everyday.  There are articles, blog posts, tweets, and discussions in the library about it all the time.

This blog post is not about the ebooks and library dilema.  This is about my ebook dilema.

Now I have a tablet and it has a Kindle app on it and Bluefire Reader so I get the best of both ebook formats.  I take advantage of the free to low price of ebooks available and never pay anything over $10 for an ebook and that is only on the very rare occassion - I have issues paying over $5 for an ebook.

My collection has built up quite quickly - mainly due to my Rural Romance Readers and Writers, Romance Readers and Writers, Indie Authors and Australian Romance Readers Association links via Facebook and email lists - you would not believe how many suggestions of what to read pass through these channels on a daily basis and how many of them are free!!

So now I have my dilema.  I have read some really great reads in ebook format and normally, when I buy print I will then pass them on to a friend or donate them to the library.  So what do I do with my ebooks??  I can't pass them on to a friend - unless someone has worked out how to do that and would like to share with me???  And I can't donate them to the library.  Do I delete them?  Do I keep them on my tablet thinking I may read them again??

I feel like I have not completed my reading journey or duty of sharing these wonderful books with someone else.  I mean some of them are free so I could just say to friends, "you should download this book," but it really doesn't work for me, as a lot of my friends do not have ereaders.  And what about the poor library that is missing out on these wonderful donations???

So that is my ebook dilema!!

On a side note, we are in for another hot day today.  Due to chores I couldn't make it down the beach yesterday, but I plan on hitting the surf before lunch today as we are supposed (please please please) have some rain/storms from lunch time onwards.

1 comment:

  1. I delete mine off my eReader but keep them on my PC, filed under author name (surname first, of course!).

    ReplyDelete