Saturday, December 22, 2012

Blog December Post 23 - It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas

Today's Destiny Card is Flexibility.

As a I have confessed, I do like routine, but this holiday's I have promised to remain flexible and go with the flow more often.

Last night we had the Urunga Carols.  Every year since moving down here, my daughter and I have gone along for the long haul of 4 hours of carols that lead up to the grand finale of fireworks.  This year we have the pleasure of hosting my husband long time friend.  It was great having a refreshing pair of eyes at the carols.  My husband friend continued to rave about what a great event the carols are and how it is great to see our community come together for it.  I must admit that there seemed to be a lot more people there then previous years.

The carols really make it sink in that Christmas is not far away.  The star in the big pine tree on Morgo St - that runs along the foreshore is another sign that Christmas is around the corner.  Of course, small child constantly reminds us of how many days until Santa comes!!

I'm particularly enjoying the lead up to Christmas this year because it is not raining.  The last four years I have felt cheated of a true summer.  And while many whinge about the heat and humidity - that is Christmas to me and we are certainly getting it this year!!

Today we will show my husband's friends some sights from our area and it is really great he is visiting at this time of the year because it is forcing all of us to get out and away from our normal routine and do something - as opposed to sitting in the house and whinging (not me) about the heat!!  I am embracing flexibility!!

So I apologise that my posts are going a bit soft at the moment but with the weather being so good and having a guest in the house - it does not allow for long moments of thoughts before posting.

However, I will share this - once again I read it on a FB/blog post this morning and thought it was a bit quirky - Since 1996, 31 Australians have died by watering a Christmas tree with the lights on.
Ref: Australian Bureau of Statistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment