Friday, June 6, 2014

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take #blogjune #6

Sorry, I'm a bit late with post 6.  I was pretty tired by the time I got home from work yesterday and spent quality time with the family so blogging was put aside.

Yesterday's mantra: You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Well this could all be about regrets or the road not taken.  Or it could be about not taking risks.

I try not to reflect too much on regrets or other possibly paths my life could've taken because I believe that the decisions I made at the time were good ones.

I have a beautiful family and I enjoy my job most of the time and I live in a wonderful part of the world.  So really, there is nothing to regret!  Do you feel the same way?

However, it would be interesting if one was to write a biography that was more like a "choose your own adventure."  I loved those books and I did read one to Miss A one day but then we had to choose every possible way to learn of all the different outcomes.  I wonder what different outcomes my life would have if at every cross road I got to see where each would take me!

I don't think it is something we should ponder too much.

Now if the mantra is about taking risks, it's really saying that every risk you don't take, then you've missed out on something.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm probably not much of a risk taker because I really do enjoy my comfort zone.  I sometimes feel that opportunities to take risks are not presented to me that often, but perhaps because I love my comfort zone so much, I'm not seeing them on purpose.

What are your thoughts on risk taking?

I often find the process of blog posting a bit of a risk, depending on what I want to say.  Really I do put myself out there and expose bits of me that perhaps I shouldn't expose or feel that others may think less of me or change their views of me.  But other times I like that I can put things out there that I probably wouldn't talk to others about but would make interesting conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment