Thursday, June 5, 2014

I won't quit until I'm the person I want to be #blogjune #5

I think I may be not quitting for a long time - today's mantra: I won't quit until I'm the person I want to be.

I'm not sure what person I want to be.  Yes I want to be fit and healthy but I also want to be a great mum, wife and librarian - and maybe athlete!!

I have been discussing my difficulty in learning to love myself a bit over the last few days with various people.  Most agree that they also are not at the point of loving themselves.  Why are we so hard on ourselves?

It should be about being the best person you can be and work towards being all the things I mentioned before - because I don't think you ever reach the point of being who you want to be because we are all a work in progress.  Perhaps in our final days we will accept that if we have tried to be the best we can be, then we were the person we wanted to be.

This discussion is probably more suited after having a few drinks - it's too deep for my mind at the moment and I'm sure I could take it to some interesting places after a couple of glasses of bubbles.  Perhaps I will revisit this post after my half-marathon on Sunday when I am sitting back with some bubbles, listening to some good tunes, soaking up my achievements and spending time with my loving family.  Perhaps then I will be the person I want to be!!!

Are you still not quitting?  Or are you the person you want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment