Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Double Post Tuesday #blogjune #23 and #24

Aren't you lucky that tonight you get a double post?!?!

I was slack last night and didn't get a post out - actually I was working really hard at my second job, and then had to watch some of The Voice, so didn't get time.

Anyway, moving on.

Yesterday's mantra: Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.  Plan more than you can do, then do it.  I don't necessarily agree with this mantra, especially if it comes down to quality.  However, if it is about pushing yourself - then go for it!!

Today's mantra: You are what you eat so avoid anything fast, easy, cheap or fake.  Personally, I believe there are times when you need fast, easy, cheap and fake food - just not all the time!!

Are you enjoying the mantra's or are you tired of them?  I like them because sometimes they give me a spring board off which to write something.  Tonight they are not providing much inspiration - perhaps it's because I am very tired.

I am wearing two hats at work this week - my own hat and my managers hat while they are on leave.  This is making for a very interesting time.  I get into comfort zones of thinking everything is under control and then something comes out of left field and will throw me off.  But I have my manager standing on my shoulder whispering in my ear - "Just breathe, Sharon!!"

Acting in my managers role is a bit daunting.  I'm not that confident because I don't have a "big picture" view of what we are doing as a department - I know what the libraries are doing but not what my colleagues are doing in the other areas of our department.  I think this is something I'd like to chat about with my manager when she returns - how can I keep up with what is happening in our department - more team meetings, perhaps??!!  Not knowing what's happening can make me feel a little bit silly if someone asks me a question about something I probably should know.  You can't have your finger on every pulse - but I will try!!

The sunrise this morning was beautiful - did anyone see it?  We were on our run and saw the red sky coming out from behind the clouds over the ocean.  Beautiful!!  That's when I really like being up early in the cold running.  It's those moments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment