Friday, June 20, 2014

Double post Friday #blogjune #19 #20

Ok so I've been slack again but we had a plumbing malfunction in the house last night so blogging was not high on the agenda.  And tonight I'm writing this on my tablet which limits me a bit.  Anyway, moving on....

Yesterday's mantra: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
Today's mantra:  A fit life is a marathon not a sprint.

Ok yesterday I really put myself out of my comfort zone.  I headed out for my run at 5.30am with my stop watch in hand.  I did a warm up and headed for the beach.  I love running on the beach.

Anyway, once I got on the beach the fun began, starting with a 1 minute effort (faster pace then normal) then 1 minute recovery running at normal pace.  I did this 4 times.  I then upped it to 2 minutes effort and 1 minute recovery and did this 3 times.  By this time I was almost at third headland - about 6k up the beach andni has to start heading home.

Note to self, when playing games like fartleks (running term for what I described above) remember you have to run back.  And the further out you run, the further you have to run home.  It was a killer.  But I did it!  Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

The 2nd mantra I'm going to refer back to my transformation journey over the last 12 months, well 15 months.  I have made small changes to my lifestyle and have lost 15kg.  I did not lose 12kg in 12 weeks or make huge sacrifices.  And the weight has stayed off.  The point I'm trying to make, is that a fit life is a marathon not a sprint.  A fit life is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix.  This is permanent,  not something I will stop once I reach a certain point.  I am a work in progress, and like learning, it is lifelong.

No comments:

Post a Comment