Sunday, June 22, 2014

Can't is not part of the vocab #blogjune #22

Today's mantra: Clear your mind of "can't."

Today I participated in the Urunga Fun Run facilitated by the Coffs Coast Little Athletics.  I did the 10k run (they had 2k, 5k and 10k).  While 10k is not really a long run for me anymore, in a "race" situation, it always is tough.  I run at a faster pace to what I would normally do and I get caught up in the "race" atmosphere.

However, there are plenty of times during the "race" where "can't" comes into my mind.  My legs might get sore and I'll say "I can't go on."  Or I will run out of breath or get thirsty etc.  The biggest thing of the race is battling your mind and pushing away the "can't."

But how does that apply to work?  There are plenty of situations that I have been in where I have had to do a task that I was not confident that I could do and "can't" was very hard to push away.  In some cases it has stopped me from completing them or putting my hand up to try.

If it was just a matter of putting one foot in front of the other - perhaps the "can't" would disappear easier.  If there was some way of training yourself in work, as you do in running, to take on more.  In running, it's a case of building on strengthening your body and increasing mileage gradually - how does this apply in work?

I'd like some suggestions on this - please feel welcome to share.

On a side note, I'm enjoying reading other's #blogjune posts - it gives me a little insight into these people (who I may or may not have met) lives and personalities and I miss their blogging when #blogjune finishes.  So keep blogging you #blogjune (ers).

No comments:

Post a Comment