Thursday, June 26, 2014

Putting it all out there #blogjune #27

Rather than set myself up for another double post - I decided to get in early.  Although my fingers are having a bit of trouble doing what my brain is telling them to do this morning - too cold!!

Today was bootcamp fitness test day and I'm going to put some stuff out there to show why I remain motivated.  I must admit, it's a little bit daunting putting this sort of info out there - but I'm proud of my transformation and I'm still a work in progress!

Ok so last month my stats were:
Weight: 70.4kg
Fat: 34.5%
Muscle mass kgs: 43.8kg

This month:
Weight: 71.6kg - yes freaked me out when it went up, especially since I have cut back the M&M's
Fat: 33.9%
Muscle mass kgs: 44.9kg

So I know that there are some studies that say that muscle does not weigh more than fat - but I'm not so sure.  My clothes have not become tighter and I'm looking more toned then ever - so I think the 1kg or so weight gain is down to muscle gain.  Anyway, it took me a few days (ok I'm kidding, I'm still a bit torn up about it) to get over the scale going up.  But I'm really working on not caring about the weight and focusing on the fat percentage and muscle mass!

Now some other comparisons:
Number of push ups in 30 seconds last month: 30 (that's on my toes) this month: 32.
Number of sit ups in 30 seconds last month: 28, this month 28.

Now let's go back to September 2013 when I last did this 2.4km fitness test.
Weight: 77.1kg
Fat: 38%
Muscle mass: 45.3kg
Number of push ups: 22 (on toes) 4 on knees
Number of sit ups: 25
2.4km fitness test time: 12.08

Today's 2.4km fitness test time: 11.36

Now let's go back to this time last year - 12 months ago:
Weight: 80.7kg
Fat: 40.6%
Muscle: 45.5kg
Number of push ups: 23 (on toes) 4 knees
Number of sit ups: 23

They might seem like little gains to some, but they are big gains for me.  Little steps means I'm more likely to stick to the program, and more likely to maintain the changes rather than a drastic change.

Today's mantra is: If you don't make mistakes you're not really trying.

If you don't try, and sometimes it takes a bit for it to work, then you won't move forward!


1 comment:

  1. Good on you Sharon. Sounds like you have achieved a great deal not only in fitness but in making long-lasting lifestyle changes. I have no idea how you manage to run so far!!

    ReplyDelete