Thursday, June 26, 2014

Double up Thursday #blogjune #25 and #26

This double up thing is starting to be a trend and it almost turned into a triple up because I'm really not in the right frame of mind to post tonight.

I've had one of those days.  It started off well with a good run with some lovely company in the freezing cold.  We ventured through the streets of town and my map on my GPS running log looked a lot like a drawing by Mr Squiggle.  We went up streets we hadn't been on before and discovered that our little town has more hills then we thought.

I then tried to warm up with rolled oats and honey and a hot milo.  How do you warm up at breakfast?

Off to work and I was to take a councillor on a tour of our libraries to talk about challenges we are facing so they are equipped to lobby for us in council meetings and to assist us to push our agenda to senior staff.  It was a lovely day but mentally draining.  I had a lovely lunch at the Dorrigo Rainforest Centre.  It was a good day.

Then I returned to the branch at 4.30pm to a bit of a state and a last minute roster change.  Stress levels high and this continued into the evening with some catch up work in the second job and trying to change some calendar bookings that didn't want to work.

Deep breath and I've finished what I needed to do and am now pumping this out before I crawl to bed.

Let's not forget the mantras:

Every positive thought propels you in the right direction.  Yep, this is something I'm working on as sometimes I get bogged down in the negative and really positive thoughts can bring good to you!!  If you think the negative will happen, it will.

When it doubt, work out.  Umm, not the right time to throw a workout in at the moment but I do know that when I exercise at lunchtime and I've had a particularly challenging morning, then I do come back fresh and ready to tackle the rest of the day.  And yes, sometimes a run can provide the answers!!

Now to go to bed to rest up as tomorrow is FITNESS TEST DAY!!!  Each month at bootcamp we have a different fitness test - tomorrow's is the 2.4km run.  This requires us to run around the 400m oval 6 times.

Ok, if you get me to run in a straight line 2.4km for a time trial - yep no problem!!  But around in circles - ahhhh!!  It is a psychological thing for me and circles seem to make it seem oh so much longer!  But I will tackle it head on!  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment