Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Blog June Post 21 - Cold Cold I Hate the Cold


For those of you that know me, I may have mentioned on the odd occasion how much I hate the cold. Well for those following my blog, this is only the beginning. Over the next few days I strongly believe you will read how much I hate the cold numerous times.

I know, I know, I've done a previous blog post about this but this morning it was 3.2'C when I woke up. It took me 15 minutes to work myself up to getting out of bed. And you know what the really sad thing is? It is only going to get colder over the next few days!! And small one is having a sleep over Saturday night (her friend is coming here) and that means on Sunday, when it is supposed to be really really cold, I will be up early because they will wake up as soon as they see light! Sigh!

Now when we moved to the coast, I had always believed that on the coast it is always warmer at night. I recall in Qld that if you live on the Sunshine Coast it rarely gets below 10'C at night in winter. Something about the warm air from the ocean. Well, down here it just doesn't work that way. At times it is colder here on the coast then it is slightly inland at Bellingen. I am very disappointed!!

In winter, I thank God everyday that I have excellent heating in the library. I have worked in libraries where heating is not really a thing people thought was important. One memory of working in a library in Ipswich where it was in a very old building and the library was on the ground floor - almost below ground. It was sooo cold!! I remember sitting at the desk with a fan heater under neath and not really showing good customer service because I didn't want to leave the desk.

Other libraries I have worked in have had wind tunnels down particular aisles. Or cold spots. So I am happy to report that Bellingen Library is the warmest place in winter and the coolest place in summer!!

Well, this blog post is not going to be long because my fingers are cold and my warm milo is finished so I have nothing to warm them back up with - I guess I'll be searching for my gloves tonight!! But I am happy to report that I got the Urunga computer to talk to the printer yesterday - just can't get the public computers to do the same. So that was an achievement. And then the tickets for wifi access wouldn't print but I found a work around - double yay! I do believe that my co-workers think I'm nuts after doing a little happy dance once I had worked that one out!!

And the big news is..... pending no one gets sick (touch wood)... that I have worked out a roster to cover staff leave (including mine) over the next few weeks. So at this stage, I am still going to Ipswich and while I thought it might be cold up there - it really is no colder than it is down here - at least it gets warmer as the day goes on - down here we are expecting tops of 16'C/17'C next week - bbbbrrrrrrr!!

Keep warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment