Sunday, June 17, 2012

Blog June Post 18 - It's too early to be up

Today's post is going to be a quick one as I'm up early (well only half hour earlier than normal but that still makes a difference) to take all my staff up to HQ at Grafton for a strategic plan meeting.  So I have to leave early and so far my track record for leaving early is not good - usually delayed due to small child demands.

Yesterday was wonderful.  The weather was wonderful and it was great catching up with Liz and Jill.  Although it did make me a little bit sad that I don't get to do it more often - but perhaps that's why it's so good when we do catch up.

We walked from my house to the foreshores and little one played in a tree at the park for a while then we went and got fish and chips and had lunch on the foreshores.  It was just beautiful - I could not have asked for a better day.

Then last night I was torn between two shows - Dancing with the Stars and the Voice.  I noted some of my friends on twitter were discussing the fact that they weren't watching either.  Well I was watching both when I could.  I had the tv in the bedroom on with Dancing with the Stars and the lounge room tv had the Voice on it.  Hubby was kindly taping the Voice so I wouldn't miss bits but I was running between both rooms to catch the best bits.

Dancing with the Stars is all time favourite of mine because I love watching ballroom dancing.  I'd love to be able to do it but I'm sure to get there at some point in my lifetime.  And I really wasn't going to watch the Voice but I think we accidently put it on one night and hubby got hooked (quite unusual) so we watched it - although the coaches did drive me a bit bananas at times.

Back to what is happening today.  All staff are invited to HQ in Grafton to review our strategic plan.  We have many documents to look at that feed into the strategic plan and I have not even had enough time to look at them all - it has been a busy last two weeks.  The plan is to get our strategic plan review in place prior to the LGA elections in September so that when the new library committee starts they have something to work with and that has been already decided on.

So I am meeting most of my staff at Bellingen branch where I will get a work car and we will drive to Grafton, picking another staff member up from Coffs on the way.  Our road trips are usually a good laugh and it will be nice to drive to Grafton with some company.

Well, that's it for today.  Hopefully the sun wakes up soon and starts warming things up - 5.5'C this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment