Thursday, June 6, 2013

#blogjune Post 7 - The Block - Library Style

I have been struck by lightning!!  Well ok, I've just had a brilliant idea - which probably means someone has already thought of this.

I wish there was a reality TV show where a group of professional library interior designers come to your library and give it a makeover!!!

And why am I wishing this??  Well, I have some branch libraries that need a revamp and I have a fear of moving things.  This may have been a result of growing up in a house that had furniture changes almost daily - no offence, Mum but I think we may have had at least 2-3 different beds in our bedrooms each year.  And the room would be re-arranged just as many times, if not more.

I hate moving furniture!!

So what better idea then to have someone come in and do it for me!!

I could do an audition tape crying about the state of my library branches and how I don't know where to start.  I have limited funding and staffing resources.

Cue, "The Block" style team but they are made up of library interior designers, or just librarians who have a flair for knowing how to re-arrange furniture to give the library branch a lift!

It can all be filmed to add to the drama - oh no, what to do when moving the shelves and they fall apart??  What about that huge rat that came out from behind the bookcase that hasn't been moved for the last 20 years??  But alas, all is almost lost when they move shelves around, only to find that particular collection won't fit??

Ok, I need to work on my drama, comedy act - but you get the picture!!

Anyone out there who has a flair for looking at a library and knowing how to vamp it up - how 'bout a holiday on the Mid-North Coast of NSW?!?!  I may not be able to pay you, but having a "holiday" here is worth it!!

1 comment: