Monday, June 27, 2016

#blogjune Post 28 - It's cold

I don't like the cold!  I think I may have mentioned this before in past blogs.  But I really don't like the cold.

You may ask then, why did I move South instead of North?  Well I ask myself the same question every Winter.  In fact, I think I should head North in Winter and work in Qld for all of Winter, then return down here near the beach for Spring/Summer.

Last year we were lucky enough to have snow up on the Northern Tablelands on a weekend.  So we all hopped in the car and drove up to Armidale.  I had never seen snow.  Neither had Miss A.

We got to the big round about in Armidale where if you turn left you head to Tamworth, and right takes you to Glen Innes.  We had just turned right and a sleet storm started.  We pulled over and jumped out of the car.  Miss A and I were going crazy with excitement.  I was rugged up so I could hardly move.  Hubby was in shorts!!!

We continued North (yes North to the snow not South) to Ben Lomond - which is half way between Armidale and Glen Innes. Black Mountain is there and there was lots of snow on the ground.  We jumped out and started throwing it at each other - well Miss A and I did.  It is quite dry to touch and cold.  But not wet like I thought it would be.  We had lots of fun!

Last night and this morning it is snowing in Guyra which is about an hour and half away from us.  Up past Dorrigo.  Unfortunately, you can't get to Guyra at the moment because the road is closed due to black ice.  If it wasn't closed, I'd probably consider having a "snow day" off work and heading up the mountain!!

Surprisingly, even though it was snowing up on the mountains, it was not that cold here this morning when I headed out at 5.30am for my run.  It was around 9'C.  We warmed up quickly and got straight into our speed session - 2km warm up, 3km rep then 500m recovery, 2km rep 500m recovery, 1km rep 500m recovery, 2km warm down.  Speed sessions never get easier but at least they warm you up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment