Friday, June 17, 2016

#blogjune Post 18 - 8 years

Today (well almost today) marks 8 years since I was offered the current job I'm in.  I had a telephone interview and then a few weeks later was invited to have another "interview" face to face in Grafton.  We booked overnight accommodation in Bellingen because we thought, why not see the place anyway regardless of if I'm offered the job or not.

Consequently, I was offered the job that day (although I didn't accept straight away) and we drove on into Bellingen.  It was Crazy Market Day - basically Bellingen has their monthly markets and the shops offer discounts and it only happens in June - and it was funny seeing the diverse people walking the streets.  We were in a kind of daze thinking that we could be moving to this eccentric place.

We stayed overnight at the Bellingen Valley Motel and was in awe of the beauty of the place.  I accepted the job and the rest is history - so they say!

8 years on and I'm now going through an assessment of where I want to go/be career wise.  I'm not sure if it will be here for much longer.  Still pondering and waiting.  Perhaps a new chapter is on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment