Thursday, June 18, 2015

Blog June Post 18 - Shadow Work

GraemeO28 wrote this blog post a few days ago about Shadow Work.

GraemeO28 says, quoting from a radio interview he was listening to about Craig Lambert's book about Shadow Work Shadow work, according to the author, is the growing multitude of insidious and tedious tasks that were previously not our responsibility or didn’t exist. And as a consequence our time is getting leached away. 

Shadow work mainly refers to self service and how these tasks used to be done by people but are now done by us and thus use up our own time.  It also results in less interaction.

I know sometimes I like using self service because it is quick (so I'm not sure why they say it is taking our time) and people can't judge me on what I'm buying/borrowing etc.  However, it does mean that there is less interaction with other people - although sometimes that is a good thing!

Anyway, it is an interesting thing to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment