Sunday, June 14, 2015

Blog June Post 14 - Lim Lee

Today's mantra: I will.  Just watch me.

Today's post is dedicated to my friend, Lim Lee (I have changed her name out of respect for her privacy but she will know who she is).

Today Lim Lee is becoming an Ironman (Ironwoman but they call it Ironman).  She is Cairns completing the Ironman triathlon.  So far she has completed a 3.8km swim, 180km bike ride and is over halfway or 10km off completing her 42.2km run.  She is a legend!!  She is my inspiration!!  She is a machine that constantly plays down her ability but that makes her more likable.  She is someone I look to for advice on my training and when she finishes this Ironman, I will know that I can do the 42.2km because if Lim Lee can do this, I can lap up some of her belief and believe that I can achieve my goal!

Now she is probably going to think I'm going a bit over the top with this post, but since I got up this morning, I have been checking in on her progress.  I'm not stalking (although she may think overwise).  I just think that she has been training for this for so long, that I want to have her in my thoughts and push energy and positive vibes to her during her journey.  And send her a congratulations text when she finishes later tonight.

Go Lim Lee - I can't wait for a race recap!!

And as for me at the Gold Coast Airport Marathon on Sunday 5 July - I will.  Just watch me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment