Friday, June 5, 2015

Blog Post 5

Today's mantra: The best way to predict the future is to create it.

I know I should be trying to relate back to the mantra in this post but today it's all about being busy and crazy busy.

This was me this morning.  I was working alone today.  The Bellingen Readers and Writers Festival is on and we had a workshop in on of the library meeting rooms.  I opened early because it was cold and I had the workshop attendees coming early.

Instantly the computers were full and then one of those on the computer, an older man. asked if I knew how to  book flights online.  Between serving at least 50 people in 2 hours I assisted (well actually I did it as he did not want to touch the computer) the man in booking flights too and from Broome, as well as his accommodation.  But it wasn't all that straight forward as he wanted particular flights and wanted to see the costs of all different days to compare.  And let's not go into the fuss around the accommodation.

Once done with the gentleman, I then had to assist someone attach files to an email and print out a pdf document.

Lunch - yep let's go for a walk even though it was only 8'C outside.  I also had to contact the school my daughter was visiting as she was attending another workshop hosted by the Bellingen Readers and Writers Festival.  My husband had called as he had somehow injured his back so he wasn't able to walk to pick her up in the afternoon.  So I got the school to drop her off at the library.

Slave labour - that's what I had this afternoon as my daughter became my little helper.  And she did a great job issuing books, returning books, shelving junior easies/picture books, working out how much photocopy/printing costs, and giving me lots of hugs. I think I have a potential librarian on my hands.  She even chose some books for herself!!

So home and finally some time to relax and feel cosy.  Busy, yep but still a good day!

Tomorrow morning sees no run as I'm doing a fun run on Sunday as a training run so I will most likely feel weird all day - usually happens when my schedule changes.  But I hope to sleep in as I will be up at stupid o'clock to get picked up at 5am on Sunday morning.

Hopefully a more interesting and reflective post tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm crazy, but reading this makes me wish I worked in public libraries...think it may be too late to change now though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's say I learnt more about Broome than I think I'll ever need to know. However, if anyone needs recommendations on where to stay, I know a cheap place.

    ReplyDelete