Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Day 7 - Blog 12 Days of Christmas - Achievements!

Ok I skipped this mantra: Keep your heels, head and standards high.  Because I very rarely wear high heels.  And have moved on to this mantra: It doesn't get easier, you just get better at it.

And I will let this speak for itself:

Ok as this is the last day of 2014 I thought I'd give a little run down of my running achievements for the year.  For the Run Down Under I have run/walked a total of 3828.10km's in 2014.  This has included:
  • Sawtell New Years Day Fun Run 5.25k in 28min 52sec;
  • Coffs Australia Day Fun Run 10k in 53min 21sec;
  • Port Macquarie Running Festival half marathon (21.1k) in 1h 53min 19sec;
  • Ipswich QLD parkrun 5k in 25min 18sec;
  • Augustine Heights parkrun 5k in 25min 22sec;
  • Mother's Day Classic Coffs Harbour, NSW 8k in 40min 48sec;
  • Bellingen Show Fun Run 10k in 55min 56sec;
  • Macleay River Marathon Festival half marathon (21.1k) in 1h 50min 39sec;
  • Urunga Fun Run 10k in 49min 40sec;
  • Ipswich Park2Park Half marathon in 1h 55min 30sec;
  • Misty Mountain Trail Run 20k in 2h 10min 13sec;
  • Coffs Harbour Running Festival half marathon in 1h 53min 47sec;
  • Dorrigo Show Fun Run 13k in 1h 20min 57sec. 

Tomorrow it starts all over again with the Sawtell New Years Day Fun Run and some bigger running adventures planned in 2015 ---- I have registered to complete a full marathon (42.2km) at the Gold Coast Airport Marathon in July 2015!!

I know I can finish the marathon.  Well that's what I'm telling myself.  The training part scares me a bit.  I run a lot now - well 3 times a week and I average about 30-40k each week.  But I have noted that lately my longer runs which aren't that long compared to what I was doing this time last year, have been a struggle.  So the idea of running for longer than 2 hours is a bit worrying.  However, I strongly believe that if I follow a training plan, than this will not be a problem.  I can do this!!

So back to the mantra - with running yes I can say it doesn't get easier and you do get better!

But with work, I don't think I can write a list like my running achievements and this is causing me some problems. 

I am a person that likes to look back and see progress and achievement - hence why I like mowing the lawn.  There is some satisfaction in seeing what grass has been cut.  The progress that has been made.

With my work achievements in 2014, I don't feel satisfaction and I want that back.  In 2015 I want to feel some satisfaction and really note and acknowledge my achievements.

How do you note and acknowledge your work achievements?  And I don't mean through the usual performance appraisal process.  Do you use lists?  Computer programs??

No comments:

Post a Comment