Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Day 6 - Blog 12 Days of Christmas - Health!

Today's mantra: You are as important to your health as it is to you.

This really is a no brainer.  You are in control of your health so you are important.  And if you are not healthy then your life will suffer, therefore health is important.

Sometimes our health can let us down and no matter how hard we try to be healthy and get our health in order, outside influence etc can have an impact outside of our control.

That said, it is important that you work on the things you can control to assist you in being in good health.  Exercise, eating healthy food and keeping your mind active are all things you can do to ensure good health.

What things do you practice to ensure good mental health?  This is probably where I struggle a bit.  I can tend to stress out easily and need to practice some mindfulness techniques.  Some people have reached mindfulness when running - I'm yet to experience that.

I have a few things stuck up on my wall at my desk at work to do with wording things differently or changing words in your mind from negatives to positives to assist with stress or dealing with difficult situations.  I also have a list of "mantras" to think about regarding mindfulness.

I could go on but it is so hot that I can't really think too hard about anything.

So I leave it to you - how do you look after your health?

No comments:

Post a Comment