Friday, December 26, 2014

Day 2 - Blog 12 Days of Christmas - Creative

Today's mantra: Creative abundance is available to you now.

Creative is not a word I would use to describe myself.  My husband, who is an artist (painter and drummer) is creative.  My daughter who loves to draw (and draw well), sing and play keyboard is creative.  Me, well I don't have much patience to sit down and focus on anything crafty.  I don't like to cook, draw, paint, play a musical instrument (well I would like to but have never learnt to), etc. 

When it comes to choosing colours to paint a wall in our house - I'm not good at visualising what it will look like - I need to see it done before I can judge if I like it.  So no, I don't think I'm creative.

I don't have a problem about not being creative. 

I suppose thinking about it, I like to write (at times) and I used to be really good at entering those competitions that you had to write in 25 words or less why you want to win the prize, and I used to dabble in bit of poetry.  But I don't really do that much anymore.

To define creative: relating to or involving the use of the imagination or original ideas to create something. 

I certainly use my imagination a lot.  I spend a lot of time imagining how I would live in a house that I might have seen for sale on the real estate site - or at the moment the one that is a prize home for Boystown.  I spend a bit of time imagining different running routes I would like to run.  I also try to spend some time using my imagination to come up with ideas for events, displays, ideas to be implemented in our libraries.  So perhaps there is some creativity at play, but I still would not use creative as a word to describe me.

So perhaps I need to be more aware of the creative abundance that is available to me - perhaps it means using other's creativity to be creative!?!

Perhaps it means being more mindful of creative thoughts that I let fly by without grasping and acting on?!?

Creativity is something I will work on in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment