Thursday, December 26, 2013

On the second day of Christmas....

I completed a 16.72km run (longest yet), solved a Furby Boom crisis when Miss A's Furby decided to take on a male voice with a distinctive English accent, watched most of the Location, Location, Location Australia marathon (it continues tonight), took Miss A to the park, went for a walk which turned into a run due to a incoming storm, and completed numerous laps of the hallway (plus push ups, squats and star jumps) to keep Miss A moving instead of becoming a square eyed computer nerd.

Back to the Furby Boom.  Miss A got a Furby Boom from Santa.  These creatures are quite amazing, especially coupled with the app that Miss A has installed on her/my tablet.

They apparently develop a personality based on how they are treated.  I was a little confused as to why Miss A's decided to take a on English accented male this morning.  It did a little crazy thing and yelled out "I'm changing" and boom there it is!!  So Miss A was in tears begging me to get her Furby back to the cute baby voice - apparently Princess/Cute - original personality.

Thank goodness I'm a librarian and have research skills - actually all I did was a google search on Furby's changing voice and boom there it is!!  Play some calming music and stroke your Furby to get it back to "nice."  Problem solved!

Really I have to wonder, what did we do for entertainment as kids?!?  Now they have these interactive toys that take on personalities!

Moving along... Miss A has been doing a lot of sit down activities since the holidays started - e.g. watching YouTube videos about Minecraft, playing Minecraft on both PC and tablet, and now playing with Furby.  So as I have embarked on a fitness phase (ok I'm not going to think of it as a phase - it is permanent lifestyle change), I needed to set some rules.  After finishing each activity, Miss A has to run up and down the hallway 5 times (up and back count as 1).

As I was watching so much TV, I thought I would join in and up the challenge each time by adding some extra exercises.  We are now doing 5 laps of the hallway, 5 push ups, 5 squats and 5 star jumps).  She is really enjoying it.

So what did you do on the second day of Christmas?

PS.  I have a blog correction to make from my last post: Librarian in the Mirror is now posting as Rach Wray, and Polyxena and Shewgirl are also joining in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment