Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Epiphany - Blog 12 Days of Christmas

So this is the post where I am supposed to look back over the past 12 days and discuss what I may have learned or: a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

I can't say I have found the meaning of life, or had any insight into reality.  I can say that I have once again enjoyed sitting down at the end of the day and reflecting on what was and then trying to put it into something remotely interesting to others.

What I can say is that in the space of 12 days I have regained my running mojo and even pushed out a 16.5km run today without feeling like it was a chore.  It was hard but it was enjoyable.  On the home stretch I even enjoyed the bush on either side of the road for the birds that were singing, the lagoon that I ran past, and the view from the top of the hill overlooking the beach.  I made peace with being in the right place - this beautiful place I live and love.

I felt that again after a splash in the surf with my family as I was sitting in the hot midday sun looking out over the ocean watching two dolphins swim past and a sailing boat in the distance.  And up front, an 8 year old girl and her dad sharing so many laughs and moments in the surf - their bond warms my heart!!

In the afternoon, walking along the river, out on the boardwalk - secretly trying not to be too annoyed by the tourists - but instead lap up seeing my locals and saying hello.  Having a short conversation with my daughters friends mother.  Over hearing some visitors from Sydney saying how it was nice that everyone here says "hello" unlike in Sydney.  My home, my community, my friends, my people!

There will always be hard times, tough times - but happiness can't be all the time as then we wouldn't appreciate it as much!

Being awesome is something to strive for in all aspects of your life and something I will be striving for in 2015.

Expecting miracles, celebrating achievements, being creative, enjoying moments of laziness, being alert and waking up, being healthy and celebrating being here and now, and making the most of open doors - this is what 2015 will be for me!!

Until #blogjune......

No comments:

Post a Comment