Monday, June 2, 2014

You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow. You choose. #blogjune #2

Today's mantra: You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow.  You choose.

It is your choice to complete the task, to make the change, or to do a killer run and feel sore, tired, exhausted.  Or you can not do any of them and feel only regret!

Today I procrastinated a lot.  The library was closed and I usually use that time to catch up on a lot of work I can't do when we are open and I'm constantly being interrupted.

Funnily enough, there were a number of interruptions today - air-conditioner maintenance people turned up; council staff dropping things off or ringing me up; customers ringing up to renew items (yes I answer the phone just in case someone is actually trying to find me); other libraries ringing to check if we have such and such book - so the list goes on.

I did manage to get one exciting thing done today - I registered for the upcoming NSW Public Libraries Conference.  This year it will be in Mudgee, NSW in November.  Another town I have never been too and another exciting networking/professional development event to look forward to.

I also booked my accommodation at the Mudgee Riverside Caravan and Tourist Park.  I booked a cabin as I found when I recently visited Nundle, staying in a cabin in the local caravan park can be just as comfortable as staying in a motel.  And it gives you a bit extra room around you so that you don't feel cramped.  Basically it means I can make more of a mess.  I don't know if anyone else finds that their suitcase contents becomes scattered all over the hotel/motel room when they stay over.  But mine certainly does.  So now I can have a whole cabin full of mess!!

I then got a bit distracted and started looking at possible running routes and places that I could check out during my early morning runs.  Also checked out the local sporting fields and ovals to see if there are places for me to do my makeshift boot camp.  Yes I have my priorities right.  Closer to the date I will get onto my FB running pages and ask if there are any local Mudgee runners who might like some company while I'm there or to show me the best running routes.  I love being connected to other runners and we are such great bunches of people that it doesn't matter if you don't know each other, you will run together and find stuff to talk about - mainly pace, fuel, different races etc.

Talking about running - my lunch time run today was a bit of a killer.  I had heavy legs and was really struggling with the hills - but I felt sore rather than sorry!!  And since I did manage to tick 2 things off my "to do" list today - I will say I ended the day not feeling sorry!!

Did you make the choice to day to feel sore or sorry?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment