Thursday, June 12, 2014

Double post Friday #blogjune #12 and #13

Yep, I'm playing catchup again today with a double post.  Sorry I missed yesterday but I was a bit tired and unmotivated.

So 2 mantra's today:
  1. You don't have to be great to start but you have to start to be great.  Really a no brainer that one - you really should just have a go and then you are better or greater than the person who didn't even try!
  2. Work like a horse and you'll look like a fox.  Hmm, not sure on this one.  Work hard and you'll look better than a horse?!?  Maybe I want to look like a horse??  Or maybe foxes are more attractive than horses - goodness knows - I'm not touching that one but I'm open to interpretations if you'd like to share?
Yesterday I put my new running shoes to the ultimate test (I had worn them for a 5k at lunch time at work on Wednesday and they were a bit loose around the heel so I adjusted the lacing for this run).  I ran 14k.  Now since I'd played around with the lacing, I had no heel slip but by the end of the run my feet were rubbing on the arch so I had some blisters starting there - never ever happened to me before.  So I think I will have to play around a bit more with the lacing.  But the shoes are a beautiful colour - remind me to upload a photo in my next post.

Yesterday I also completed the 5 day Health and Safety Representative course I had been doing over a 6 week period - I know makes no sense, 5 days over 6 weeks, well we had a week off due to me going to Nundle for the library zone meeting.  So now I am a HSR and I can issue PINs - (Provisional Improvement Notices) - break into the song "I've got the power" by Snap!  Oooohh nice little visual dance in my mind - shaking it, shaking it, grooving it, grooving it!!  Right what is in that hot chocolate I'm sipping on!!

While I am passionate about workplace safety, the training did kick me up the bum to be more on top of things like workplace inspections and safety plans.  I look after 3 branch libraries and I must admit that I'm a bit behind in this area.  As I also do frontline customer service, it is hard to get out to the branches to complete these actions but it's really no excuse.

But really what I really enjoyed about this training, was being able to meet and work with other people from my organisation that I very rarely get to see.  The training was made up of those on the Health and Safety Committee and are a mix of indoor and outdoor staff.  So it was great getting to know some other staff and be able to work with them.  The training also was held at one of the council depots in their new training room.  So even being in a new area was great.  I will miss the Thursday training sessions.

Today I have an RDO (Rostered Day Off) so after I drop Miss A at school, I'm off to do grocery shopping and then having my hair cut and coloured.  I'm leaving it to the creative juices of the hairdresser to decide what colour and style - she did a great job last time.  I may even post a photo on here!!  I also hope to fit a little run in today at some point.  I had a great session at bootcamp this morning.  It was basically around our mats - 20 squats, 20 push ups, 20 crunches, 20 bicycles, 30 sec jog on the spot, 30 sec jog on spot with 4 legs in and then 4 legs out (I know makes no sense), 30 sec pendulums (hope I've spelt that right), 30 sec high knees.  Then we repeat with the reps going down by 2 each time but the jogs, pendulums etc staying at 30 seconds.  It's quite a challenging class even though you aren't running around ovals or anything.

Tomorrow morning it will be social run and then breakfast - please stay away rain until after our run!!  It's been 2 weeks or longer since we've had a good social run.  I was tapering (not running) last Saturday due to my half marathon on Sunday and the week before it rained so only I went out for a run while everyone else stayed in bed.  I actually miss the breakfast company more as we all sit down at a local café and have breakfast and chat together - makes a great start to the weekend!!  I don't care it if rains the rest of the day because then I can laze around the house reading!!

Hope you all have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment