Saturday, November 9, 2013

I'm back - well sort of!

It's been a while since my last post and that's because I have been preoccupied with other things.

Some of you that follow me on Facebook and Twitter would know that since my last post I have become somewhat obsessed with running.  Yes you read right.  Running!

It's been a while since I've had this sort of relationship with exercise.  Prior to this obsession, I was doing boot camp (since February 2013), prior to that I was walking very regularly.  But in my past life (pre-child), I did actually run a bit.  In my past, past life I taught aerobics, ran, rode and swam regularly.  So exercise and I have had a bit of an on and off relationship.

Back when I was in my mid-teens, exercise and I did not have a healthy relationship.  Obsession overtook and I won't go into it in this blog post (maybe at a later date I'll be comfortable to write about it), but exercise became the be all and end all - and not the healthy thing it should've been.  And now I'm older and wiser, it is a bit easier not to let exercise become the focus of life - it's pretty high up but family is still the highest!!

So now exercise is "on" again in my life, I'm a bit excited to have a "hobby" as such that does not revolve around libraries.  Although since my obsession also includes reading as much as I can about running and exercise, the library is still a focus to obtain all the information!!

The people I exercise with are outside libraries and my place of work, so it is broadening my social circle and allowing me to focus on things that aren't necessarily to do with libraries.  And this is probably why the blogging stopped.

You note from my previous posts, libraries and anything related to libraries is pretty much what this blog is about - ok weather slipped in there sometimes!  Therefore, since focusing on exercise I didn't feel I had anything to share about libraries.  I wanted to write about running but then I didn't want to bore readers.

Now don't be concerned, as I am still just as passionate about libraries.  I think perhaps I'm now a more rounded individual because I have a focus that is not only related to my work.  But I must admit that I was getting overwhelmed with living, eating, breathing libraries.  So I think exercise has come back at a good time.

On a side note, there is a library conference coming up in a few weeks which I will be attending, and I must admit, that while I'm excited about what I will learn from the presentations and networking, I'm also excited planning my morning runs around Sydney!

I promise to blog about my conference learnings in early December.

No comments:

Post a Comment