Saturday, December 27, 2014

Day 4 - Blog 12 Days of Christmas - Wake up!

Today's mantra: Wake up, kick butt, be kind, repeat.

I wish this mantra was more motivating for today.  It is raining again so once more my body and mind is slipping into lazy mode.  It is also my rest day from running and intense exercise (ok so I maybe don't do intense exercise all the time but let's just say I don't go and do bootcamp or anything like that today - I will still go for a gentle walk later).

However, let's get back to the mantra.  I think on other days this is what I need to be hit in the face with every morning.  And don't think it only relates to exercise.  Wake up - get alert, turn on the brain, get the imagination flowing, get set for the day ahead.  Kick butt - achieve things that you have set out to do that day and do them with enthusiasm.  Be kind - don't beat yourself up if you don't achieve everything you had on your list - there is always tomorrow.  Repeat - let's do it all again tomorrow!!  And every day following.

I really think I'm going to stick this mantra up at work and in my study here at home.  I have struggled, particularly at work (well mostly at work - no problem with motivation for exercise) to get my mojo happening.  I have some biggish projects to get done in 2015 so I need to get the wake up, kick butt, and be kind thing happening.  I need to gather some enthusiasm and motivation.  So I'm liking this mantra!

Anyone else struggling for enthusiasm and motivation about some things they need to achieve?  What are you doing to ensure you get them done?  What tools are you using?

No comments:

Post a Comment